Sunday, May 3, 2009

PowerPoint: Lesson & Review



This is a collection of slides containing both a lesson I taught and a review game we played immediately following. For a while toward the beginning of the year, back when I was a little fresher, I would attach these sort of review activities to every PowerPoint lesson I did. The promise of them at the end, I thought, would serve as a motivator for students to pay closer attention to and engage more during the lesson. I found that this was, indeed, an effective incentive for students. Beyond the implications for classroom management and engagement, the activities themselves make wonderful learning activities and formative assessments. In the future, I will try to prepare review slides for every presentation I do on PowerPoint.

No comments: